From organic formula options, to donor milk, to making your own infant formula, there are non-GMO alternatives for the mother or infant who can not nurse.
GMO Inside has compiled some of these resources here.
Donor milk suppliers and resources
- Human Milk Banking Association of North America
- Human Milk for Human Babies
- Eats on Feets
- Milkin Mamas (how to become a donor)
- Only the Breast
- Or check with your local neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
Homemade Formula Resources
- GMO Inside’s homemade organic infant formula recipe
- GMO Inside YouTube playlist for how to make your own infant formula
Alternative homemade organic baby formula recipes
Organic infant formula option
Non-GMO Baby food options
Concerns about GMOs and DHA in Formula:
- Spinning suspect concerns about ingredients in Baby Formula (Cornucopia Institute)
- Baby formula and food DHA guide (Cornucopia Institute)
TAKE ACTION: Please join us in calling on the three largest US infant formula manufacturers (Similac, Enfamil, and Gerber Good Start) to remove their GMO ingredients
Please share your own learnings our resources for non-GMO infant formula in the comments section below.